Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
简介Ive launched its first world tour, "Show What I Have," in Seoul on Saturday.The two-day event, held ...
Ive launched its first world tour, "Show What I Have," in Seoul on Saturday.
The two-day event, held over the weekend at the Jamsil Arena, comes a few days ahead of the group's comeback, set for Friday.
On Sunday, the six-piece girl group held a press conference at the concert venue a few hours ahead of its gig that evening.
"It was our dream to hold a concert. I said during our debut showcase (in 2021) that we want to hold a world tour, and I'm delighted that my dream and biggest goal has come true in two years," Wonyoung said.
About the title, "Show What I Have," Yujin said, "We received a lot of love with our debut. We felt so grateful, and at the same time, some people questioned whether we could continue to bring something new to the table. The title is our answer to that question."
As Yu-jin said, Ive's first concert is all about being "new" -- new songs, new performances and new appeal.
Among the novelties Ive will showcase through its first concert series is its new album, "I've Mine," set to come out Friday. The girls will give fans an early look into the album's new songs at the Seoul gigs.
"We've talked about (the concept of) 'me' through our songs until now, and the new album continues that story while, at the same time, marking a new start," Wonyoung explained.
One big change for Ive is that it has tripled the title songs fronting the new album: "Either Way," "Off the Record" and "Baddie." Until now, the group has released three singles, "Eleven," "Love Dive" and "After Like," and a full-length album, "I've Ive," which was led by two title songs, "Kitsch" and "I Am."
"We prepared three songs to show 'me' from different perspectives," Wonyoung said, to which Gaeul added, "'Either Way' shows how I'm seen from the outside, "Baddie," a new identity I've discovered inside me, and how we view one another in "Off the Record.'"
The album also included three other side-tracks, "Holy Moly," "OTT" and "Payback." Won-young took part in writing the lyrics for "OTT."
Ive, consisting of Wonyoung, Yujin, Liz, Rei, Gaeul and Leeseo, debuted under Starship Entertainment in December 2021.
"It's truly unbelievable that we're celebrating our second anniversary already. We're grateful to so many people and we look forward to developing ourselves more in the future," Liz shared.
Ive has branded itself as a unique group that continues to reflect on themselves and shares the group's journey through uplifting songs.
"We don't usually get the chance to reflect on ourselves and, luckily, we are able to do it while making our music. Sometimes I feel lost about myself, and that's when I talk to the producers and staff. I discover more about myself through that process and learn how to express myself better, and I think I've become more confident and self-loving through Ive," Yujin said.
On their goals from now on, Wonyoung and Yujin both said they aimed for the group to become more well-known to people on a global scale.
"I think it's important we make our songs more well-known. We hope to gain more of a reputation regardless of the age or our listeners or the concepts we come up with," Wonyoung said.
Liz said she hopes Ive stays as it is now.
"I hope that Ive is remembered as just 'Ive'," she said.
SEONGNAM, Gyeonggi Province — South Korea's premier aerospace and defense exhibition, aimed at ...
North Korea’s state media, including Rodong Sinmun and Korean Central Television, dropped the term “ ...
NCT127 seems to have safely survived K-pop's notorious "seven-year curse," although not things ...
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Chief justice nominee Lee Gyun
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Hyundai, Kia to transition to Tesla charging system in North America
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Unification ministry urges NK to immediately send detained S. Koreans back home
MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
Korean telecom regulator considers W68b in fines on Google, Apple for violating in
- Multinational criminal ring arrested for smuggling meth in bulk into South Korea
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- [HIT Forum] Sci
- [Today’s K
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- N. Korea may conduct nuclear test to divert internal attention from food crisis: Seoul ministry
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- Samsung unveils next
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Film director Jung Byung