First frost and ice observed, but warmer weather will return
简介Temperatures dropped sharply Friday, bringing frost for the first time this fall. Although temperatu ...
Temperatures dropped sharply Friday, bringing frost for the first time this fall. Although temperatures have been colder than average for several days, the national weather agency predicted that warmer weather will continue over the weekend and next week.
On Friday morning, colder air flowed from the northwest, lowering the morning temperature across the temperature to between 4 and 14 degrees Celsius, anywhere from 2 to 5 C lower than on the previous day. In particular, morning temperatures were below 5 C in inland and mountainous areas of Gangwon Province, northeastern Gyeonggi Province and northern North Chungcheong Province, and the first frost and first ice of this fall were observed in the Daegwallyeong area of Gangwon Province.
Frost in official meteorological terminology refers to the phenomenon in which water vapor in the atmosphere attaches to the ground or objects in the form of ice crystals. Ice refers to the freezing of water left outdoors. Both phenomena are officially recorded after the agency directly observes them.
Also on Friday, the lowest temperature so far this fall was recorded in various inland areas, including the Daegwallyeong area. In Seoul, the temperature dropped to 9.6 C at 6:41 a.m., which is 3.2 C lower than the lowest temperature in early October last year.
The chillier weather that has hit the country is expected to ease up gradually over the weekend and next week, the Korea Meteorological Administration said during the briefing Friday.
Morning temperatures across the country will gradually rise to between 7 and 17 C on Saturday, while daytime highs will rise to between 20 and 23 C. These ranges are similar to the the average recorded low and high temperature ranges for early October: between 8 and 16 C and between 21 and 24 C, respectively.
Sunday’s temperature is expected to rise 1 to 3 degrees more than Saturday's, with morning lows between 10 and 18 C and daytime highs between 19 and 23 C.
However, the gap between day and nighttime temperatures will be as large as 10 to 15 degrees over the weekend.
Between Saturday afternoon and Sunday, 5 to 20 millimeters of rain will fall on the southern coast and some parts of eastern Gangwon Province, the KMA added.
Supporters of Israel took to the streets in Seoul on Tuesday, urging Hamas militants to stop their k ...
LG Display and LG Chem, prominent display and chemical makers, respectively, boasted Monday of their ...
Large South Korean firms' ability to service their debts worsened sharply in the first half of ...
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- MBK chairman's novel 'Offerings' to hit big screen in Hollywood
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
[Herald Interview] Singer
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- [Today’s K
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- BTS' Jungkook to extend solo parade with 1st album 'Golden'
- SK invests in US data specialist Glassdome
- SK On marks 2nd anniversary with twofold revenue, capacity growth
- Fall festivals to take place across Seoul
- Questions raised over Taihan Cable’s quality control
- [Today’s K
- SKT’s AI
- Japan's Honda beefs up lineup to revive sales in S. Korea
- Samsung Biologics raises annual estimated earnings to W3.6t
- Seoul shares close tad lower amid mixed US rate outlook
- Blackpink's Jennie to drop new solo single on Oct. 6