BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
简介The Busan International Film Festival has traditionally focused on Asian content, but this year' ...
The Busan International Film Festival has traditionally focused on Asian content, but this year's edition newly added awards for global streaming titles to expand its reach to a broader market.
Launched in 2019, the Asia Contents Awards has celebrated outstanding TV shows, streaming content and online platform content from around Asia.
This year, the annual awards were renamed the Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards to recognize global content, reflecting the changing industry trend.
The new awards feature 10 competitive categories, including Best Creative, Best Lead Actor and Actress, and Best Reality and Variety, along with seven non-competitive categories, including the lifetime achievement award and rising star of the year.
This year, Best Creative nominees include Netflix's "The Glory," tvN's "Little Women," Disney+'s "Moving," Paramount+'s "Special Ops: Lioness," Tencent Video's "The Long Season" and Studio Dragon's "Little Women."
The awards ceremony will be held at the Busan Cinema Center later in the day. (Yonhap)
A US strategic bomber B-52 is set to arrive at a South Korean air base later this week, multiple sou ...
In rookie director Kim Chang-hoon’s feature debut film “Hopeless” which opened in theaters last week ...
The South Korean economy is entering a "recovery phase" on the back of signs of an export rebound, w ...
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- BOK expected to stand pat this week over growth risks: experts
- HMM sale to face hurdles amid slowdown in shipping industry
- Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Ruling party chief clings on after election loss
Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
[Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
Gyeongbokgung entrance platform, new signboard unveiled
Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
Seoul subway on verge of strike
- TvN’s ‘Unexpected Business’ to return with season 3
- Elevate fall travel experiences with local specialties
- SPAF kicks off with boundary
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Death toll from Afghan quakes rises to more than 2,000
- ‘저위험 권총’ 예산 13억 받았지만…결국 ‘38구경’ 더 사기로
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- Gwanghwamun's Joseon
- Truck crash leaves 2 dead, 2 injured
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
- [Today’s K
- Court finds ban on leafleting into NK unconstitutional, ban on praise for NK constitutional
- [Herald Interview] As a wanderer, Yoshitomo Nara does not confine himself to art
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance